Sunday, April 17, 2011

So, I can't believe it has been a year since I last blogged! So much has happened! My babies are growing up,  and last summer I did a five day backpack trip with my new baby! That was probably the highlight of the year! 
More recently my sister and I joined a weight loss competition similar to "Biggest Loser" and to our complete surprise and enjoyment, we lost a combined total of 93 pounds in 12 weeks!
We also won $500 to share
and Heather (my sister) won the 6-week weigh in for $100 as well...I came in third! 


 We still have a long way to go, so we have started up our own competitions in our own towns! We hope to continue our trend and look great for summer. I have a confession: I have purchased a swimsuit in a size 8 and I am dying to fit into it!

My secret: There is no secret!
1200 calories
lots of green smoothies
lots of salads (no croutons)
lots of fruits and veggies
and exercise more than I eat!
...about an hour a day of cardio
If I wanted a sugary treat, I kept it within my calorie goals
...a few times I wrote that I ate only 2 T of pie or 1/2 cup of ice-cream because that is all I could afford to eat within my calorie limits

More to come...You can follow my weight loss journey here!


Sol"s first birthday

Finally a kid that made a mess! 
And enjoyed himself too!
Too bad I was dieting...
very fun!

2 comments:

  1. Holy crap! You guys did awesome. I see Heather often, but you don't really get the difference until you see the before and after pics. You guys have such dedication. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! You two look AMAZING!!! I can't believe it! Totally jealous...I slightly lack the motivation. I keep dreaming of being skinny and wishing for the day of when I'll fit into my skinny clothes again and I hardly ever do anything about it. Paul & I have a gym membership, I just need to get back into the habit of going. You're my inspiration Lacey!! Keep up the great work, you look fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete